The Royal Institution of Naval Architects is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience.
Controllers of Information
Any personal information provided here or gathered by our website is controlled by The Royal Institution of Naval Architects 8-9 Northumberland Street WC2N 5DA. The Data Protection Officer is Trevor Blakeley , Tel no 020 7235 4622.
What information we collect and how we use it.
We will process personal information about you fairly and in a transparent manner and the aim of this document is to provide you with sufficient information to enable you to understand what we are doing with your data.
When you use this data portal, our website or the online publications published on our site and/or register information with us we may collect and process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Monitoring individual traffic patterns and website usage to help us to develop the design and layout of the website
- Notifying you of information on developments in the maritime industry and of RINA activities, products and services which we think may be of interest to you, i,
- The provision of products and services which you have requested.
- Providing you with a more personalised user experience when using our application, website or any other service we might provide to you by targeting you with information we think you might be most interested in including products and services
We will not pass your personal data to any third party without your express permission, except where required to provide such information or products which you have requested. Such third parties are specifically prohibited from using data provided by the Institution except for the specified purpose.
We may, contact you on behalf of third parties about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (email, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
Legal basis for processing your data:
We undertake the activities above for the reasons below:
- In pursuit of our legitimate interests as a professional institution including the marketing and promotion of our brand, products and services to members and non members
- To fulfil any contractual obligations we may have when you make purchases from us
- To provide you with information which you have requested.
RINA will disclose your personal information, without your agreement , only if required to do so by law
Security of your Personal Information
We will secure your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We secure the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
We will require third parties to whom we pass personal data to exercise the same level of security.
By providing us with your personal data, you consent to it being used for the purposes described in this privacy notice and which you have agreed it may be used.
You have theright to withdraw your consent at any time for any of the processing activities that are based on your consent by sending us an email to
We will only collect and hold personal information required for specific purposes and on specific legal bases. Personal information which is no longer being used for the purpose for which it was provided will be retained only for historic analysis purposes. Such inactive data and any analysis of it will only be available to us, and held securely.
You have the right to request at reasonable intervals, access to the personal information we hold about you.
You may request us to rectify, erase or block the processing of your personal data if that personal data is no longer accurate, up to date or when the further processing of that personal data would be in violation of applicable data protection legislation.
Applicable data protection law:
This privacy notice has been based on the General Data Protection Regulation.