Design & Operation of Offshore Wind Farm Support Vessels 2015 - Papers
28-29 January 2015, London, UK
Offshore wind turbines are becoming an important resource of renewable energy, and large scale investment is creating extensive wind farms off the coast of many coastal European Countries. This has led to the need for specialised vessels for both install and service the turbines.
Buy a copy of the Conference proceedings
Click on the link to see prices or to order a copy of the conference papers from the second RINA Design & Operation of Offshore Wind Farm Support Vessels which took place in 28-29 January 2015, London, UK.
ISBN No. 978-1-909024-35-9
The following papers were presented at the conference;
- The UK Offshore Wind Job Creation Capacity, O&M Costs and Content Analysis by Dr P A. Igwe and Prof K E. Howell, 20M EU Interreg offshore wind farm project, University of Plymouth Graduate School of Management, Plymouth, UK
- WFSV: 12 Passengers? by A Page and C O’Neill, Alicat Marine Design, UK
- The Influence of Multiple Working Shifts for Offshore Wind Farm O&M Activities StrathOW-OM Tool by Y Dalgic, I Lazakis, Department of Naval Architecture, Ocean and Marine Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK, I Dinwoodie, D McMillan, Institute for Energy & Environment, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK, M Revie, Department of Management Science, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK and J Majumder, Department of Naval Architecture, Ocean and Marine Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
- A Marine Design Approach to WFSV Bridge Layout Development and Crew Transfer by S McCartan, C Diels and T Thompson, EBDIG-IRC, Coventry University, UK, C Anderberg, H Pahlm and F Forsman, Division of Maritime Operations, Chalmers University Of Technology, Swede, T Dobbins, ST-Research Ltd, UK and H-J Wirsching, Human Solutions GmbH, Germany *only on CD-ROM
- Crew Transfer Vessel Performance Evaluation by S Phillips, IB Shin, C Armstrong, Seaspeed Marine Consulting Ltd, UK
- Man Over Board Rescue Capabilities in Offshore Wind Projects by D Olsson, Dacon AS, Norway
- Navigational & Safety Assessment of Wind Farm Support Vessels, by S.Gopinath, AMET University, India
- Design-Driven Innovation: An OSV Platform WFSV Mothership for North Sea Operations by S McCartan and T Thompson, EBDIG-IRC, Coventry University, UK, B Verheijden, Academy Minerva, Groningen, Netherland, C Anderberg and H Pahlm, Division of Maritime Operations, Chalmers University Of Technology, Sweden and D Boote and T Colaianni, DITEN, Genoa University, Italy
- Multiple Pod Units for Efficient Vessel Handling in Wind Farm Operations by G Torneman, AB Volvo Penta, Sweden
- An Investigation Study for a Green Innovative Wind Farm Service Vessel Design by E Celik, Multi Engineering, Netherlands and O E Kalender, OEK Marine, Turkey
- Planning for IMO Tier 3 Engine Room Design by H H Hüper, S L Löser, E M Maier, MAN Engines, A division of MAN Truck & Bus AG, Germany and ML Lis, MAN Engines and Components, A division of MAN Truck & Bus UK Ltd, UK
- Marine Design of a WFSV Modular Interior by S McCartan and T Thompson, EBDIG-IRC, Coventry University, UK, B Verheijden, Academy Minerva, Groningen, Netherlands and Jules Morgan, KPM-Marine, UK *only on CD-ROM
- Do We Have Enough Installation Vessels for All the Planned Offshore Wind Farms? by J Jensen, S Jain, MEC Intelligence APS, Denmark
- Experimental Assessment of Impact Loads on Catamaran Structures by A. Nazarov, P. Suebyiw, A. Piamalung, Albatross Marine Design Co., Ltd, Thailand
- The Application of Sandwich Plate System for the Strengthening of Spud Cans on Offshore Jack-Up Vessels by M. Brooking, Intelligent Engineering (UK) Ltd. UK
- A Novel Design for an Offshore Wind Farm Vessel: Application of the Aerodynamically Alleviated Marine Vehicle (AAMV) by D James and M Collu, Cranfield University, UK
- The Statistical Analysis of Principal Particulars of Wind Farm Support Vessels by A V Bondarenko, National University of Shipbuilding, Ukraine
RINA Members are entitled to up to four papers per year (free of charge). These can be RINA conference papers or RINA Transactions (IJME or IJSCT) . In order to obtain a copy of a paper please contact the Publication Department at
Search and Order Other Conference Papers
Individual papers can also be ordered.
All conference papers are listed in the RINA Publications Database. You can search the database by author name and paper title. Publications may be ordered and paid for online. RINA member are entitled to a special discounted price on Publications. Other publications are also listed, some of which may be downloaded free of charge. Follow the link to Search Publications & Order.