Design & Operation of Offshore Wind Farm Support Vessels 2016 - Papers
30-31 March 2016, London, UK
Offshore wind farm support vessels have been one of the most dynamic maritime construction and operational sectors over the last 10 years. There are now believed to be about 400 vessels operating in the European market. Supply and service vessels are increasingly in demand as offshore windfarms continue to expand with new sites being developed in Europe, Asia, and the USA. Building on the success of previous two conferences, RINA returns to the subject to investigate the impact of new standards, new regulations, and new developments made within the industry..
Buy a copy of the Conference proceedings
Click on the link to see prices or to order a copy of the conference papers from the third RINA Design & Operation of Offshore Wind Farm Support Vessels which took place in March 2016, London, UK.
ISBN No. 978-1-909024-52-6
The following papers were presented at the conference;
- Going Further Offshore - Assessment of Jack-Up Wind Turbine Installation Vessels by M L Hayward, Noble Denton marine services, DNV GL, UK
- Gorillas Not Required. The Wind Industry Needs Herons by J G. Davies, Managing Director, Celtic Design Consultants, Glasgow, UK, I R. Brown, Iain H. Steven, Directors, Celtic Design Consultants, Glasgow, UK and A Subahani, Managing Director, Great Waters Maritime LLC, Dubai
- Fast Crew Transfer Vessels Transit and Transfer Performance Research by H Maclean, C Armstrong, I Shin, S Phillips, Seaspeed Marine Consulting Ltd, UK
- Optimal Support Vessel and Access System Selection for Offshore Wind Farms by M. Asgarpour (ECN), J.W. Serraris (MARIN) and E. de Ridder (MARIN), J. van den Broek and J.E. Bos (TNO), The Netherlands
- Tuning Hull Optimization and Transfer System in Design of W2W Vessel for Best Habitability and Workability Above 3m Significant Wave Height by A.A. van der Bles, Conoship International BV, The Netherlands
- A New Era in Local Position Referencing by SY Heriot, T Coggins, M Mudrinic & A Stead, Guidance Marine, UK, H Busshoff, Bernhard Schulte Ship Management, Germany and O M Husøy, Marine Technologies, Norway
- Hybrid Marine Technology For WFSV and the Hour of Power by J Haynes, Shock Mitigation Ltd, UK
- Hybrid Wind Farm Support Vessel - Safety and Design Parameters for Lithium Batteries by B Perry, Plan B Energy Storage, Canada
- Total Cost Of Operation of an IPS Pod Drive System in a 26m Crew Transfer Vessel by G Törneman, AB Volvo Penta *CD-ROM only
- An Innovative Hull Design for an Offshore Wind Farm Support Vessel by M Shanley, MaREI, ERI, University College Cork, Ireland, S Balke, Bremen University of Applied Sciences, Germany and J Murphy, MaREI, ERI, University College Cork, Ireland
- Preliminary Weight Estimates for Wind Farm Support Vessel by O.V. Bondarenko, Admiral Makarov National University of Shipbuilding, Ukraine
RINA Members are entitled to up to four papers per year (free of charge). These can be RINA conference papers or RINA Transactions (IJME or IJSCT) . In order to obtain a copy of a paper please contact the Publication Department at
Search and Order Other Conference Papers
Individual papers can also be ordered.
All conference papers are listed in the RINA Publications Database. You can search the database by author name and paper title. Publications may be ordered and paid for online. RINA member are entitled to a special discounted price on Publications. Other publications are also listed, some of which may be downloaded free of charge. Follow the link to Search Publications & Order.