Sustainable and Safe Passenger Ships
4 March 2020, Athens, Greece
In partnership with:
The rapid growth of passenger ships over the last twenty years in the travel and tourism industry prompted cruise lines and ferries operators to build ever more innovative ships to cater for the diverse needs of a growing number of passengers. This includes the ever increasing size of vessels to benefit from the economy of scale, small vessels specializing in coastal and short-trip transportation and vessels capable of itineraries to a greater range of destinations including environmentally sensitive areas.
The need to balance economic and environmental efficiency with increased passengers expectations of comfort and on-board amenities, along with improved passenger and crew safety, brings new challenges for those involved in the design, construction and operation of today’s passenger vessel.
To further investigate this aspect of the industry, RINA invites papers from naval architects, class societies, operators, researchers, and builders on all related topics, including:
- Novel designs aiming at greener and smarter ships
- Safety issues and risk control including damage stability, fire safety, evacuation and safe return to port
- Smart technologies for efficient operations
- Innovative powering and propulsion solutions (e.g. hybrid systems, cold-ironing, batteries, fuel cells)
- Enhancing port-ship interaction
- Managing environmental impact with emphasis at air emissions
- Designing for reducing noise and vibrations for passenger comfort
- Sustainable short-sea and coastal transportation
- Emergency response and lessons learnt for recent accidents
- Advanced power management onboard
- Supporting transportation and communication of island inhabitants with mainland
- Updating the legislation for the operation of passenger ships
To purchase the conference proceedings please click here
Submit Abstract or Register Interest
Click here to register your interest in the International Conference on Sustainable and Safe Passenger Ships and receive updates as they become available.
Persons interested to present their work in the Conference should submit for review their abstract according to the timetable shown below:
- 26 September 2019: Submission of abstract
- 17 October 2019: Information about abstract acceptance
- 23 December 2019: Submission of full-length paper
The Sustainable and Safe Passenger Ships conference venue is yet to be announced.
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
RINA events provide the perfect opportunity for effective and highly targeted marketing.
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities exist for all of our conferences. For more information please follow the link or contact JP Media Services Tel: +44(0)1737 852 135 or e-mail: to discuss tailored options or availability.
Continual Professional Development
Attendance at the RINA conferences and courses qualifies as Continuing Professional
Development. On completion of the course a CPD certififcate will be issued.