Design and Construction of Super & Mega Yachts
8-9 May 2013, Genoa, Italy TO BUY THE CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS FOR THIS EVENT, CLICK HERE
Sponsored by ABS
The Royal Institution of Naval Architects will be returning to Genoa, to host the International Conference on Super & Mega Yachts for a third edition.
Whilst we do not expect the rapid growth that the luxury yacht sector has encountered in the last decade, there is no question that the super yacht fleet will continue to grow. Even if the need for a bigger yacht seemed to have reached its peak, the complexity of the designs and the new requirements involved in custom production require innovative solutions.
A provisional list of the papers that will be presented include:
- Experimental Investigation on Hydrodynamic Performances of Warped Hard Chine Displacement Hullform: Carlo Bertorello, University of Naples Federico Ii
- Experimental Assessment of Megayacht Aerodynamic Performances and Characteristics: Fabio Fossati, University of Naples Federico Ii
- Design of Planing Hulls with Longitudinal Steps: Cfd In Support Of Traditional Semi-Empirical Methods: Alessandro Federici, University of Genoa
- The Application of Fuel Cell System as Auxiliary Power Unit Onboard Mega Yacht Vessels: A Feasibility Study: Thomas Lamberti, University of Genoa
- Fast Numerical Methods in Early Stage Design of Mega Yachts: Lennart Pundt, Hamburg University of Technology
- RINa Sailing Rig Guidelines and Certification: Paolo Moretti, RINa - Registro Italiano Navale
- Design-Driven Innovation: A New Luxury Maritime Leisure Sector between Cruising and Superyacht Charter: Sean Mccartan, Coventry University
- Development of an Eco-Catamaran for the Charter Market through the Implementation of ‘Passive Design’ Technology: Sean Mccartan, Coventry University
- Design-Driven Innovation of a High Speed Art Deco Superyacht Coastal Cruiser for the Chinese Market: Sean Mccartan, Coventry University
- Platform Engineering for Production and Semi-Custom Yachts: James Roy, Bmt Nigel Gee Ltd
- Catamarans as Super Yachts: Albert Nazarov, Albatross Marine Design
- Improving the Efficiency of the Mega-Yacht World through Fleet Management Software: Lefteris Maistralis, Abs Nautical Systems
- Numerical and Experimental Analysis of the Dynamic Behaviour of Large Yacht Superstructures: Dari Boote, Cantieri Navali Benetti & University of Genoa
- Marine Labour Convention 2006: Albert Levy, Ince & Co Lawyers
- A Human Factors’ Approach to Mega Yacht Concept Design: Tineke Bosma, University of Strathclyde
- Regulation and Yachts - Strange Bedfellows: David Ralph, Mca
- Yacht Greenhouse Gas Emissions: Eu Policy Developments: Mark Robinson, Myba
Registration and Payment
|Registration Fee (Inc VAT)||By 08/04/2013||After 08/04/2013|
|Concessions (retired/students, etc)||£330||£330|
Register by 8th April and save money - Early Bird Registration fees (Inc VAT)
The registration fee includes printed conference papers, lunch, refreshments, drinks reception, a CD-ROM of the papers and presentations after the conference, and VAT. The CD-ROM will be posted to the delegates about 10-12 weeks after the conference.
Additional coppies of the conference papers or CD-ROM will also be available for sale ( members £110 and non-members £130) after the event. If you would like to order a copy , contact Billy Allen, Bookshop Assistant on +44 (0)20 7235 4622 or via e-mail at
Registration and Payment methods
Payments must be made in sterling by Eurocheque, cheque drawn on a bank with a UK branch address or sterling bank transfer. Please note that RINA requires payment before the conference date.
Under UK Customs and Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay VAT on any conference or course taking place in the UK. Delegates from outside the UK may be entitled to reclaim this cost.
Cancellations received in writing two weeks before the event takes place will be subject to an administration charge of £200+VAT. Cancellations received after this time cannot be accepted and are subject to the full event fee. Delegates may be substituted; however this must be sent in writing and confirmed with the Conference Co-ordinator. In the event of cancellation of the programme for any reason, our liability is limited to the return of the registration fee.
The Super and Mega Yachts Conference will take place at the Galata Museo Mare, Genoa, Italy
Details to follow shortly.
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities
RINA events provide the perfect opportunity for effective and highly targeted marketing. Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities exist for all of our conferences. For more information please follow the link or contact John Payten (RINA Group Sales Director) Tel: +44 (0)20 7201 2407 or e-mail: to discuss tailored options or availability.
Continual Professional Development
Attendance at The Super and Mega Yachts conference qualifies as Continuing
Professional Development. Delegates to the conference will receive a CPD Certificate