Safety Techniques Workshop
19 November 2019, London, UK
The Workshop is a one day event and the sessions will be led by suitably qualified and experienced members of the RINA Safety Committee. It is designed to be interactive to encourage active participation and will incorporate various practical group exercises based on a variety of case studies.
The intended audience will be from all sectors of the marine industry, looking to gain or refresh knowledge of the fundamental principles of safety and risk management.
The syllabus and content of the workshop is largely be based on the content of the RINA-document Safety Guidance for Naval Architects, albeit with some additional identified topics,. As such, the Workshop is designed to be an introduction to and/or refresher of the fundamental concepts of safety and risk, including occupational safety considerations and accident analysis, rather than an advanced course.
Workshop Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs)
On attending this Workshop attendees should be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental concepts of safety and risk, with particular respect to the maritime regulatory framework.
2. Describe the factors impacting on their professional obligations as maritime professionals with respect to safety and risk management.
3. Demonstrate a practical understanding of some fundamental techniques used to conduct risk assessments for marine systems and operations.
4. Demonstrate an awareness of some of the typical risks and hazards associated with the marine environment, in particular the potential consequences of poor or inadequate design, construction or operational procedures.
5. Demonstrate an appreciation of the personal risks that a maritime professional may be exposed to while working outside of the office, and the importance of safety management systems in mitigating these risks.
Click here to register your interest in the Safety Techniques Workshop and receive updates as they become available.
The Wind Propulsion conference will be held at the Institution's Headquarters.
8-9 Northumberland Street, London, WC2N 5DA, UK
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
RINA events provide the perfect opportunity for effective and highly targeted marketing.
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities exist for all of our conferences. For more information please follow the link or contact JP Media Services Tel: +44(0)1737 852 135 or e-mail: to discuss tailored options or availability.
Continual Professional Development
Attendance at the RINA conferences and courses qualifies as Continuing Professional Development. Delegates to the conference will receive a CPD Certificate