Ship Conversion, Repair & Maintenance Online Conference 2021
26-27 January 2021
The Royal Institution of Naval Architects announces an opportunity to contribute to the discussion on Ship Conversion, Repair and Maintenance. Global Market on these operations is rapidly growing and it's offering adaptable and affordable solutions for all classes of ships and marine structures. This increase in demand has been mainly attributed to the improvements in mainland trade routes, such as Far East-Europe trade route, and the shortening of supply chains. National and international norms and regulations have influenced the evolution of this sector, and the awareness of the Environmental implications of some procedures have enabled a sustainable development of these operations.
To further investigate the innovation in Conversion, Repair and Maintenance, in all sectors, RINA invites papers from naval architects, class societies, operators, researchers, and builders on all related topics, including but not limited to:
• Market, Ships and Boats. Marine, Offshore, Naval and Oil & Gas
• Yards, facilities, and infrastructures. Dry Docking and Afloat
• Electrical and automation repairs. Electrical panels, Cable routing, Consoles and Electrical Motors/ Alternators
• Welding & Fabrication. Structural fabrication and piping
• Machinery & Propulsion. Propulsion system, Hydraulics, Engine and Gearbox repair and maintenance
• Hydraulic, Mechanical & Pneumatic services. Cranes, Winches, Hatch-covers, Steering Systems, Valves and Pumps
• Environmental, Safety and other Regulations. Inspections
• New Materials. Hull Treatment, Blasting and Painting
• Green Technologies retrofitting
• Maintenance Software development • Spare Parts purchasing and delivery
• Operation: Practices, training, health & safety
Selected papers may be published in the Transactions of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects
Click here to register your interest in the Ship Conversion, Repair & Maintenance conference and receive updates as they become available.
If you have questions please contact:email@example.com
Members: £250+VAT= £300
Non members: £270+VAT= £324
We offer sponsored conference places for Student Members and Associate Members in full time education. For more information or to request a place, contact Nick Cox at
Call for papers
To download the Call for papers
Abstracts may be submitted at Call for Papers
The Ship Conversion, Repair & Maintenance conference will be held online using Zoom. https://zoom.us/
It is not necessary to have a Zoom account to attend, but those attending will be asked to download the Zoom App if not already downloaded. If you are unable to download, install, or run applications you may join from your browser. However, the experience from the browser is limited.
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
RINA provides digital sponsorship opportunities which allow you to showcase your company and target your message with our Webinar Events.
For pricing and customized proposals contact Aftab Perwaiz on +44 7767791180, or email
Continual Professional Development
Attendance at the RINA conferences and courses qualifies as Continuing Professional Development. Delegates to the conference will receive a CPD Certificate