ICSOT Indonesia 2015
10 Years Anniversary of RINA Indonesia
Surabaya, Indonesia, 4 - 5 November 2015 Call for Papers
International Conference on Ship and Offshore Technology and more popularly known as ICSOT is a biannual conference and jointly organized by Indonesian universities and the Royal Institute of Naval Architects (RINA). The Conference was initiated at ITS in 2010 as part of 50 years anniversary of ITS and higher education in naval architecture in Indonesia, 100 years of PT DPS the oldest shipyard in Indonesia and 150 years of RINA. The second Conference was conducted at Pattimura University (Ambon) in 2012, and the third Conference was held at Hasanuddin University (Makassar) in 2014. So far during the three conferences, delegates and participants come from UK, Sweden, Norway, Holland, Belgium, Turkey, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia and about 20 papers were presented on each seminar.
The next and fourth Conference will be held at ITS Surabaya on 4 5 November 2015. This Conference will be very special because it coincides with the 10 years anniversary of RINA Indonesia. Similar to the previous conferences, the main objective of this year conference is to give opportunities to members of the international maritime industry to present and discuss the latest developments in marine research and technologies which could provide improvements and solution to the problems and challenges related to shipbuilding and offshore applications.
As the previous conferences, the theme is “Development in Ships Design and Construction”. Although the theme is limited to design and construction aspects, but the theme can be related and developed to other aspects such as hydrodynamics, marine safety, environment, material, fishing vessels, etc.
Purposes and Benefits
The purpose of the conference is to invite researchers and engineers from many countries and discuss their progress of work. Thus, it is expected to increase the number of research collaboration both in national and international levels by exchanging information about research activities and progress conducted by all delegates and participants from various institutions at home and abroad.
The benefit of the event is to promote the work of delegates/presenters and as a media to exchange information on current research activities, in particular, in the field of ship design and construction. Thus, it is expected that the research activities can be increased quantitatively and qualitatively.
First Day : Dr. Indroyono Soesilo (Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs)
Conference Date and Venue
The conference date and venue will take place on:
Date : 4 - 5 November 2015
Venue : NASDEC Building, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) Campus, Surabaya
Organizing committee consists of International Steering Committee (ISC) and Local Organizing Committee (LOC). The following ISC and LOC are proposed by Naval Architecture Department.
International Steering Committee (ISC)
- Chair : Prof I Ketut Aria Pria Utama (ITS)
- Co-chair : Mr. Trevor Blakeley (RINA Chief Executive)
- Members :
- Prof. Richard Birmingham (Newcastle University)
- Prof. Atilla Incecik (University of Strathclyde)
- Prof. Jeom-Kee Paik (Pusan National University)
- Prof. R A Shenoi (University of Southampton)
- Prof. Nicholas Hutchins (University of Melbourne)
- Prof. Takeshi Shinoda (Kyushu University, Japan)
- Prof. Ru-Min Chao (National Cheng-Kung University, Taiwan)
- Prof. Adi Maimun bin Abdul Malik (Universiti Teknologi Malaysia)
- Prof. Eko Budi Djatmiko (ITS)
- Dr. Sunaryo (University of Indonesia)
- Dr. Deddy Chrismianto (University of Diponegoro)
- Dr. Daeng Paroka (University of Hasanuddin)
- Dr. Marcus Tukan (University of Pattimura)
Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
- Chair : Prof. I Ketut Aria Pria Utama
- Secretary : Mr. Dony Setyawan
- Treasurer : Mrs. Septia Hardy Sujiatanti
- Abstract submission deadline : August 15, 2015
- Please submit your 250 word abstract to email@example.com
- Full paper submission deadline : October 3, 2015
- Payment deadline : October 10, 2015
- Indonesian delegates : IDR 2,000,000.00
- International delegates : USD 500.00
Click to download: