ICSOT Indonesia: Developments in Ship, Design and Construction
Makassar, Indonesia, November 2014
International conference on Ship and Offshore Technology abbreviated as ICSOT is a biannual conference organized with cooperation with the Royal Institute of Naval Architects (RINA) in Indonesia. The first conference was held at Institute of Technology Surabaya (ITS) on November 11 12, 2010. The second conference was held at Pattimura University, Ambon on December 7-8, 2012. In each of these conferences, there were around 30 papers presented by participants from various countries such as Britain, the Netherland, Norway, Japan, Australia, China, Belgium, Malaysia and Indonesia.
The next or the third conference is planned to be held at Hasanuddin University Makassar on November 2014 by cooperating with Naval Architecture Department, Engineering Faculty, UNHAS Makassar. The main objective of this event is to give a chance to members of the international maritime industry to present and discuss the latest developments in marine research and technologies which could provide improvements and solution to the problems and challenges related to ship building and offshore applications. Besides that, it also could become a way to increase number of international publications of researchers from local universities and institutions. In the two previous conferences, there were several papers which were presented by staff of local universities and institutions. Therefore, in the 2014 conference, it is expected that number of papers presented will be increased as well as participating countries.
The theme chosen for the 2014 conference is “Development in Ships Design and Construction” which is a fixed theme for conferences held in Indonesia. Although the theme is limited to design and construction aspect, but the theme can be related and developed to others aspects such as hydrodynamics, safety, environment, material, etc.
Event Purposes and Benefits
The main purpose of this international conference is to increase the number of research collaboration both in national and international level by exchanging information about research activities and progress conducted by all participants from various institutions at home and abroad. The conference is also expected to be able to increase the number of international publications from local universities and institutions as one step in improving the level of quality of study and research.
The main benefit of this event is to be promotion media and information exchange on current research activities in the field of the ship design and construction. With this information exchanges, it is hoped that the research activities can be increased quantitatively and qualitatively.
Conference Date and Venue
As with the previous conference, this year conference is planned to be held at the beginning of November 2014. More detail time and place of the conference are as follows :
Date : November 4 5, 2014
Venue : Grand Clarion Hotel, Jl. A. Pangeran Pettarani No. 3, Makassar
The conference venue might change according the future discussion of local committee. In that case, the change will be announced as soon as possible.
Organizing committee consists of International Steering Committee (ISC) and Local Organizing Committee (LOC). The following ISC and LOC are proposed by Naval Architecture Department.
- International Steering Committee (ISC)
- Chair : Daeng Paroka ST., MT., P.hD
- Co-chair : Trevor Blakeley (RINA Chief Executive)
- Members :
- Prof. Richard Birmingham (Newcastle University)
- Prof. Atilla Incecik (University of Strathclyde)
- Prof. J. K. Paik (Pusan National University)
- Prof. Dr. Adi Maimun bin Abdul Malik (Universiti Teknologi Malaysia)
- Prof. Ir. Djauhar Manfaat, M.Sc, Ph.D (Institut Teknologi Surabaya)
- Prof. Ir. I Ketut Pria Utama, M.Sc, Ph.D (Institut Teknologi Surabaya)
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Yanuar, M.Eng., M.Sc. (Universitas Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr-Ing. M. Yamin Jinca M.STr (Universitas Hasanuddin)
- Dr. Ir. Ganding Sitepu Dipl-Ing. (Universitas Hasanuddin)
- Dr. Ir. Albert Talahatu, MT. (Universitas Indonesia)
- Dr. Ir. Sunaryo. M.Sc. (Universitas Indonesia)
- Dr. Ahmad Fauzan Zakki (Universitas Diponegoro)
- Dr. Deddy Chrismianto (Universitas Diponegoro)
- Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
- Chair : Daeng Paroka ST., MT., P.hD
- Co-Chair : Dr. Faisal Mahmuddin
- Secretary : M. Zubaer Alie ST., MT., P.hD
- Treasurer : Andi Ardianti ST., MT.
- Members :
- Abstract submission deadline : August 31, 2014
- Abstract acceptance notification : September 5, 2014
- Full paper submission deadline : October 3, 2014
- Payment deadline : October 10, 2014
Conferences Fees and Payment
- Indonesian delegates : IDR 2.500.000,-
- International delegates : EUR 350.00
- Public/professional : Rp. 700.000,-
- Student : Rp. 200.000,-
Conference fee covers conference kit, proceeding, certificate, lunch and coffee break for presenter. For participant, the fee includes conference kit, certificate, lunch and coffee break. The conference proceeding can be bought separately with Rp. 200.000,-/pcs. For registration and payment, please complete the application form and return it to :
- For Indonesian delegates : Andi Ardiyanti at
- For International delegates : Jade Whitelaw at
Abstract and Fullpaper
Abstract should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Dr. Faisal Mahmuddin) with the following format :
- Written in english with maximum 250 words, single space, font size 11, type Times New Roman.
- Name of author and co-author(s) with their respective university/institution are written below the title. Email address of the author should be written after the name(s) of author and co-author(s).
- Maximum 7 (seven) keywords should be written after the abstract.
For fullpaper format and template, please download it at the following website : /ICSOT_Indonesia_2014
Any questions regarding the conference should be sent to email@example.com (Dr. Faisal Mahmuddin).
Attendance at the ICSOT Indonesia conference qualifies as Continuing Professional Development. Delegates to the conference will receive a CPD Certificate