ICCAS 2022 - International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding
Yokohama, 13-15 September 2022
The 20th International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding (ICCAS), to be held in Yokohama, Japan. The conference will run 13-15 September 2022 , with visit to the National Maritime Research Institute (NMRI) on 16th September.
Continuing the noteworthy success of previous conferences, ICCAS offers unequalled opportunity for international delegates from the global shipbuilding and marine industry to see practical application of computing technologies across all aspects of design, production, and in-service operation of ships and marine structures.
ICCAS will include papers on all aspects of shipbuilding. Delegates can understand the implementation, success and benefits of applying computing technologies in the industry to improve methodologies, processes and productivity.
ICCAS encourages papers on all applications of computing and information technologies for use within the Shipbuilding, Marine, and Ship Operation related industries.
The primary topics for ICCAS conferences are typically:
- Evaluation, selection and implementation of a new system.
- Enhancement and/or improved use of existing computing and IT systems.
- Efficient use of data and information captured in Computing Systems.
- Research and development of a future applications of Computing Technologies the industry.
- Vendor development of system capabilities and/or functionality.
- A vision of the future potential use of Computing Technologies within the industry.
- Using Computing Technologies in a collaborative or multi-site environment.
- Procedures and practices implemented to maximise use and benefits of Computing Technologies.
- Improvements in productivity and/or performance due to the use of Computing Technologies.
- Success in applying advanced technologies (such as simulation, AR/VR, Engineering Analysis, Digital Manufacturing, Big Data, Digital Twin, Knowledge Systems, etc).
- Improvements in manufacturing quality/accuracy/productivity due to computing methodologies.
- Topics not listed above that are relevant to the industry, which are also acceptable.
ICCAS attracts topics from any stage of a ship lifecycle, from concept and early design, through detail design, planning and project management, manufacturing, production and assembly, build, and in-service operation.
Topics such as a supplier using computing technology to enhance equipment performance, a classification society that uses computing technologies to improve the quality and format of data for approval assessment, or a ship operator using computing technologies to optimise performance, are very welcome.
ICCAS particularly welcomes papers discussing the practical application of the topic in production, or proven during field trials.
- Abe Akinori, Director General of National Maritime Research Institute, National Maritime Research Institute of Japan (NMRI): Approach of NMRI for Digital Transformation of Maritime Industries - Toward “DIGITAL SHIPYARD”
- Mr. Akihiko Masutani, Director, Chief General Manager, Naval Architect, Business & Technical Development Division, Sumitomo Heavy Industries Marine & Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Dr. Noriyuki Sasaki, Honorary Professor, University of Strathclyde
Please submit your abstract
Abstracts may be submitted by 28 March 2022. Late submissions will be considered by the committee.
Non members: £690
Additional Authors: £540
*For companies wishing to send multiple delegates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for special rates.
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
RINA events provide the perfect opportunity for effective and highly targeted marketing. Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities exist for all of our conferences. For more information please follow the link or contact JP Media Services Tel: +44(0)1737 852 135 or e-mail: to discuss tailored options or availability.
Japan Entry Requirements
Click here to view the latest travel restrictions when entering Japan. Please note that we can support you with your VISA application. If you require support, please contact Rusne Ramonaite at email@example.com as soon as possible.
International Programme Committee
- John Duncan,(Chairman),UK
- Jamie Duncan (Secretary), UK
- Gordan Sikic, LINA et al, Croatia
- Joachim Brodda, Balance Technology Consulting, Germany
- Christian Cabos, Wärtsilä, Germany
- Thomas Gosch, SDC Ship Design & Consulting, Germany
- Aldo Zini, Cetena, Italy
- Hayato Suga, ClassNK, Japan
- Kazuo Hiekata, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Sergio Ribeiro e Silva, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Yoo-Sang Choo, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Jin-Hyung Park, Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd, South Korea
- Myung-il Roh, Seoul National University, South Korea
- John Martin, SAMOSC, UK
Pacifico Yokohama North
1 Chome-1-2 Minatomirai, Nishi Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-0012, Japan
PACIFICO Yokohama is one of the largest convention complexes in the world, equipped with all the functions required for any type of convention, such as meetings, incentive conventions, exhibitions and events. Located in the Minato Mirai waterfront district, PACIFICO Yokohama is within walking distance of transport links, hotels, restaurants, shopping and entertainment facilities, as well as many of the city's historic sights.
For more information about the venue, please click here
Since Yokohama has been introduced as the first harbor city to the world as the entrance to Japan, it has been the country's key entry point for international trade and communications, bringing global perspectives, new ideas and multi-culturism. Major universities, medical and scientific research centers are based in Yokohama largely contribute to the success of global conferences.
For more information about Yokohama, please click here
Continual Professional Development
Attendance at the RINA conferences and courses qualifies as Continuing Professional
Development. On completion of the course a CPD certififcate will be issued.
Previous ICCAS events
RINA has also sucessfully organised the previous six ICCAS events; 2019 Rotterdam, 2017 Singapore, 2015 Bremen, Germany, 2013 in Busan, South Korea, 2011 in Trieste, Italy, 2009 in Shanghai, China and 2007 in Portsmouth, UK.
Click on the links below to see a list of papers presented at these conferences and to find prices to purchase copiers:
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2017, 26 - 28 September, Singapore
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2015, 29 September - 1 October, Bremen, Germany
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2013, 24 - 26 September, Busan, South Korea
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2011, 20 - 22 September, Trieste, Italy
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2009, 1 - 3 September, Shanghai, China
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2007, 18 - 20 September, Portsmouth, UK