ICCAS 2021 - International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding
Postponed to 2022
As new environmental regulations arise, ship traffic is placed in the spotlight. High speed vessels are regarded as an alternative to maintain the competitiveness of marine transportation. With an increasingly interest on energy efficiency and environmental impact this higher performance crafts are part of an exciting and everchanging field in marine design.
The 20th International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding (ICCAS), to be held in Japan 2021, will announce dates shortly.
Continuing the noteworthy success of previous conferences, ICCAS offers unequalled opportunity for international delegates from the global shipbuilding and marine industry to see practical application of computing technologies across all aspects of design, production, and in-service operation of ships and marine structures.
ICCAS will include papers on all aspects of shipbuilding. Delegates can understand the implementation, success and benefits of applying computing technologies in the industry to improve methodologies, processes and productivity.
A popular delegate event is a conference visit to a local shipyard.
ICCAS encourages papers on all applications of computing and information technologies for use within the Shipbuilding, Marine, and Ship Operation related industries.
The primary topics for ICCAS conferences are typically:
- Evaluation, selection and implementation of a new system.
- Enhancement and/or improved use of existing computing and IT systems.
- Efficient use of data and information captured in Computing Systems.
- Research and development of a future applications of Computing Technologies the industry.
- Vendor development of system capabilities and/or functionality.
- A vision of the future potential use of Computing Technologies within the industry.
- Using Computing Technologies in a collaborative or multi-site environment.
- Procedures and practices implemented to maximise use and benefits of Computing Technologies.
- Improvements in productivity and/or performance due to the use of Computing Technologies.
- Success in applying advanced technologies (such as simulation, AR/VR, Engineering Analysis, Digital Manufacturing, Big Data, Digital Twin, Knowledge Systems, etc).
- Improvements in manufacturing quality/accuracy/productivity due to computing methodologies.
- Topics not listed above that are relevant to the industry, which are also acceptable.
ICCAS attracts topics from any stage of a ship lifecycle, from concept and early design, through detail design, planning and project management, manufacturing, production and assembly, build, and in-service operation.
Topics such as a supplier using computing technology to enhance equipment performance, a classification society that uses computing technologies to improve the quality and format of data for approval assessment, or a ship operator using computing technologies to optimise performance, are very welcome.
ICCAS particularly welcomes papers discussing the practical application of the topic in production, or proven during field trials.
International Programme Committee
Jamie Duncan (Secretary), UK
Gordan Sikic, LINA et al, Croatia
Joachim Brodda, Balance Technology Consulting, Germany
Christian Cabos, Wärtsilä, Germany
Thomas Gosch, SDC Ship Design & Consulting, Germany
Aldo Zini, Cetena, Italy
Hayato Suga, ClassNK, Japan
Kazuo Hiekata, University of Tokyo, Japan
Sergio Ribeiro e Silva, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Yoo-Sang Choo, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Jin-Hyung Park, Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd, South Korea
Myung-il Roh, Seoul National University, South Korea
John Martin, SAMOSC, UK
Registration and abstract submission information to be announced
Pacifico Yokohama National Convention Hall
1 Chome-1-1 Minatomirai, Nishi Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa 220-0012, Japan
Continual Professional Development
Attendance at the RINA conferences and courses qualifies as Continuing Professional Development. Delegates to the conference will receive a CPD Certificate