ICCAS 2019 - International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding
24 - 26 September 2019, Rotterdam
The venue for the 19th International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding (ICCAS), to be held in 2019, has been announced as Rotterdam.
Continuing the noteworthy success of previous conferences, ICCAS offers unequalled opportunity for international delegates from the global shipbuilding and marine industry to see practical application of computing technologies across all aspects of design, production, and in-service operation of ships and marine structures.
ICCAS will include papers on all aspects of shipbuilding. Delegates can understand the implementation, success and benefits of applying computing technologies in the industry to improve methodologies, processes and productivity.
A popular delegate event is a conference visit a local shipyard.
International Programme Committee
- John Duncan (Chairman), Ministry of Defence, UK
- Jamie Duncan (Secretary), Ministry of Defence, UK
- Torben Andersen, Odense Steel Shipyard, Denmark
- Joachim Brodda, Balance Technology Consulting, Germany
- Christian Cabos, DNV GL Maritime, Germany
- Thomas Gosch, Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, Germany
- Hayato Suga, ClassNK, Japan
- Hiroyuki Yamato, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Soon-Hung Han, KAIST, Korea
- Sung Geun Lee, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, Korea
- Yoo-Sang Choo, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- John Martin, SAMOSC, UK
- Richard Lee Storch, University of Washington, USA
- Aldo Zini, Cetena, Italy
- Sergio Ribeiro e Silva, University of Lisbon, Portugal
The Postillion Convention Centre WTC Rotterdam, Beursplein 37, 3011 AA Rotterdam, Netherlands. The convention centre is located in the heart of Rotterdam with easy access both by car and public transport.
It may be overshadowed by Amsterdam, but Rotterdam is the Netherlands second largest city. With a rich history, it is known as a diverse bustling city with a lot of modern futuristic architecture a strong maritime tradition centred on Europe’s busiest port, and a wealth of top-class museums. The iconic Erasmus bridge, the famous cube houses and the majectic market hall are some the major landmarks of Rotterdam.
For more tourist information about Rotterdam Click here.
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
RINA events provide the perfect opportunity for effective and highly targeted marketing. Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities exist for all of our conferences. For more information please follow the link or contact JP Media Services Tel: +44(0)1737 852 135 or e-mail: to discuss tailored options or availability.
Attendance at ICCAS 2019 qualifies as Continuing Professional Development. Delegates to the conference will receive a CPD Certificate
Previous ICCAS events
RINA has also sucessfully organised the previous six ICCAS events; 2017 Singapore, 2015 Bremen, Germany, 2013 in Busan, South Korea, 2011 in Trieste, Italy, 2009 in Shanghai, China and 2007 in Portsmouth, UK.
Click on the links below to see a list of papers presented at these conferences and to find prices to purchase copiers:
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2017, 26 - 28th September, Singapore
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2015, 29th September - 1st October, Bremen, Germany
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2013, 24th - 26th September, Busan, South Korea
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2011, 20th - 22rd September, Trieste, Italy
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2009, 1st - 3rd September, Shanghai, China
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2007, 18th - 20th September, Portsmouth, UK