ICCAS 2019 - International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding
24 - 26 September 2019, Rotterdam
The venue for the 19th International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding (ICCAS), to be held in 2019, has been announced as Rotterdam.
Continuing the noteworthy success of previous conferences, ICCAS offers unequalled opportunity for international delegates from the global shipbuilding and marine industry to see practical application of computing technologies across all aspects of design, production, and in-service operation of ships and marine structures.
ICCAS will include papers on all aspects of shipbuilding. Delegates can understand the implementation, success and benefits of applying computing technologies in the industry to improve methodologies, processes and productivity.
A popular delegate event is a conference visit a local shipyard.
ICCAS encourages papers on all applications of computing and information technologies for use within the Shipbuilding, Marine, and Ship Operation related industries.
The primary topics for ICCAS conferences are typically:
- Evaluation, selection and implementation of a new system.
- Enhancement and/or improved use of existing computing and IT systems.
- Efficient use of data and information captured in Computing Systems.
- Research and development of a future applications of Computing Technologies the industry.
- Vendor development of system capabilities and/or functionality.
- A vision of the future potential use of Computing Technologies within the industry.
- Using Computing Technologies in a collaborative or multi-site environment.
- Procedures and practices implemented to maximise use and benefits of Computing Technologies.
- Improvements in productivity and/or performance due to the use of Computing Technologies.
- Success in applying advanced technologies (such as simulation, AR/VR, Engineering Analysis, Digital Manufacturing, Big Data, Digital Twin, Knowledge Systems, etc).
- Improvements in manufacturing quality/accuracy/productivity due to computing methodologies.
- Topics not listed above that are relevant to the industry, which are also acceptable.
ICCAS attracts topics from any stage of a ship lifecycle, from concept and early design, through detail design, planning and project management, manufacturing, production and assembly, build, and in-service operation.
Topics such as a supplier using computing technology to enhance equipment performance, a classification society that uses computing technologies to improve the quality and format of data for approval assessment, or a ship operator using computing technologies to optimise performance, are very welcome.
ICCAS particularly welcomes papers discussing the practical application of the topic in production, or proven during field trials.
Registration and Payment
|Registration Fee||By 26/08/2019||After 26/08/2019|
|RINA members||€510+BTW = €617.10||€570+BTW = €689.70|
|Non-members||€570+BTW = €689.70||€620+BTW = €750.20|
|Concessions (retired/students, etc)||€310+BTW = €375.10||€310+BTW = €375.10|
|Principal Author||€400+BTW = €484||€400+BTW = €484|
|Additional Author||€510+BTW = €617.10||€510+BTW = €617.10|
Register by 26th August 2019 and save money - Early Bird Registration fees
The registration fee includes printed conference papers, lunch, refreshments, drinks reception, a USB of the papers and presentations after the conference, and Dutch BTW. The USB will be posted to the delegates about 10-12 weeks after the conference.
Additional copies of the conference papers or USB will also be available for sale (members £120 and non-members £140) after the event. If you would like to order a copy, contact the Bookshop Assistant on +44 (0)20 7235 4622 or via e-mail at
Registration and Payment methods
Please note that RINA requires payment before the conference date.
Tax - BTW
Under Dutch Customs and Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay BTW on any conference or course taking place in The Netherlands.
Please note companies with a valid Dutch BTW registered number will not be changed BTW on delegate fees. Delegates from outside The Netherlands may be entitled to reclaim this BTW.
International Programme Committee
- John Duncan (Chairman), Ministry of Defence, UK
- Jamie Duncan (Secretary), Ministry of Defence, UK
- Joachim Brodda, Balance Technology Consulting, Germany
- Christian Cabos, DNV GL Maritime, Germany
- Thomas Gosch, Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, Germany
- Hayato Suga, ClassNK, Japan
- Hiroyuki Yamato, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Yoo-Sang Choo, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- John Martin, SAMOSC, UK
- Aldo Zini, Cetena, Italy
- Sergio Ribeiro e Silva, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Jin-Hyung Park, Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd, Korea
- Myung-il Roh, Seoul National University, Korea
An overview of ICCAS can be found as well on www.iccas-ships-conference.org
The Postillion Convention Centre WTC Rotterdam, Beursplein 37, 3011 AA Rotterdam, Netherlands. The convention centre is located in the heart of Rotterdam with easy access both by car and public transport.
It may be overshadowed by Amsterdam, but Rotterdam is the Netherlands second largest city. With a rich history, it is known as a diverse bustling city with a lot of modern futuristic architecture a strong maritime tradition centred on Europe’s busiest port, and a wealth of top-class museums. The iconic Erasmus bridge, the famous cube houses and the majectic market hall are some the major landmarks of Rotterdam.
For more tourist information about Rotterdam Click here.
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
RINA events provide the perfect opportunity for effective and highly targeted marketing. Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities exist for all of our conferences. For more information please follow the link or contact JP Media Services Tel: +44(0)1737 852 135 or e-mail: to discuss tailored options or availability.
Attendance at ICCAS 2019 qualifies as Continuing Professional Development. Delegates to the conference will receive a CPD Certificate
Previous ICCAS events
RINA has also sucessfully organised the previous six ICCAS events; 2017 Singapore, 2015 Bremen, Germany, 2013 in Busan, South Korea, 2011 in Trieste, Italy, 2009 in Shanghai, China and 2007 in Portsmouth, UK.
Click on the links below to see a list of papers presented at these conferences and to find prices to purchase copiers:
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2017, 26 - 28 September, Singapore
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2015, 29 September - 1 October, Bremen, Germany
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2013, 24 - 26 September, Busan, South Korea
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2011, 20 - 22 September, Trieste, Italy
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2009, 1 - 3 September, Shanghai, China
- Papers presented at ICCAS 2007, 18 - 20 September, Portsmouth, UK