Design & Construction of Super & Mega Yachts
15-16 May 2019, Genoa, Italy
Call For Papers
Following on from the highly successful series of conferences, RINA is pleased to return to Genoa for the seventh edition of its Super and Mega Yachts conference.
The last two decades saw the sheer size and complexity of super yachts increase. The number of super and mega yachts in the global orders book has grown rapidly, requiring more sophisticated and efficient design procedures and building techniques.
The traditional elements aspect of vessel performance, fuel consumption, and seakeeping remain important but they may not be the primary objectives of a new customer, especially on large yachts over 30 meters in length. In this class of vessels the effort of technical offices is focused mostly on other aspects related more to the aesthetic impact of the project (internal and external) and to the comfort on board.
Comfort on board a luxury yacht is a key feature in all its aspects, like ship motions, noise and vibrations, windage and exhausts gases issues.
Papers will be presented by on all aspects of large sail and motor yacht design, construction, and operation, designers, researchers, manufacturers, operators, and regulators. Topics include the following:
- All Aspects of Design – Hull, General Arrangement, etc.
- Energy efficiency & environmental issues
- Acoustic comfort and sea keeping
- New materials (glass or carbon fibres)
- New technologies to accelerate the ship design and ship building
- External finishes: external layer of gelcoat (fiberglass) or delicate process of filling, fairing and painting (aluminium or steel)
- Current & future regulation & classification
- Characteristics of propulsion – propellers and waterjets
- Lessons learnt in the design and production stage
- Growing environmental impact
- Interior design as entertainment space (helideck, submarines, high end AV, WIFI, health spa and gym).
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit their paper for publication in the International Journal of Maritime Engineering.
Submit Abstract or Register Interest
Click here to register your interest in the International Conference on Design and Construction of Mega & Super Yachts conference 2019 and receive updates as they become available.
If you wish to submit an abstract, please send a paper title, brief summary (no more than 250 words) of what the proposed paper would be about and your contact details via the link above, by email directly to or fax to +44(0) 20 7259 5912. The deadline submission for abstracts is 11th February 2019.
The Design and Construction of Super & Mega Yachts conference will be held in Genoa, Italy
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
RINA events provide the perfect opportunity for effective and highly targeted marketing.
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities exist for all of our conferences. For more information please follow the link or contact JP Media Services Tel: +44(0)1737 852 135 or e-mail: to discuss tailored options or availability.
Continual Professional Development
Attendance at the RINA conferences and courses qualifies as Continuing Professional Development. Delegates to the conference will receive a CPD Certificate