Design & Construction of Super & Mega Yachts
Following on from the highly successful series of conferences, RINA is pleased to return to Genoa for the seventh edition of its Super and Mega Yachts conference.
The last two decades saw the sheer size and complexity of super yachts increase. The number of super and mega yachts in the global orders book has grown rapidly, requiring more sophisticated and efficient design procedures and building techniques.
The traditional elements aspect of vessel performance, fuel consumption, and seakeeping remain important but they may not be the primary objectives of a new customer, especially on large yachts over 30 meters in length. In this class of vessels the effort of technical offices is focused mostly on other aspects related more to the aesthetic impact of the project (internal and external) and to the comfort on board.
Comfort on board a luxury yacht is a key feature in all its aspects, like ship motions, noise and vibrations, windage and exhausts gases issues.
- Multi-Criteria Optimization as Key to Yacht Performance Improvement by Karsten Hochkirch, Stefan Deucker, DNV GL, Germany
- Design and Sizing of Battery System for Electric Yacht and Ferry by Upendra Malla, Hornblower Cruises, USA
- Building to the REG Yacht Codes by Julian Smith, Cayman Islands Shipping Registry, UK, Carlo Vinelli, Isle of Man Ship Registry, UK
- Out-of-the-Box Integrated, Collaborative, Multi-Authoring, Managed Enviroment for the Design and Construction of Large Yachts by Nick Danese, Stephane Dardel, NDAR, France
- Design for Helideck Certification by Steve Beech, Safeguard Helideck Certification, UK
- Hydrofoil Configurations for Sailing Superyachts: Hydrodynamics, Stability and Performance by Jean-Baptiste Souppez, Solent University, UK
- Accoustic Analysis and Measurements of Mega Yachts During Construction by Mustafa Insel, Hidroteknik Nautical Design Technologies, Turkey, Ziya Saydam, Serhan Gokcay, Piri Reis University, Hidroteknik Nautical Design Technologies, Turkey, Turhan Soyaslan, C Soyaslan, Soyaslan Design, Turkey
- Home Catamaran: Cost Efficient Superyacht by Albert Nazarov, Albatross Marine Design, Thailand, Jack Wijnants, AmaSea Yachts, Monaco
Registration and Payment
|Registration Fee (Inc IVA)||By 15/04/2019||After 15/04/2019|
|RINA members||€640+IVA = €780.80||€740+IVA = €902.80|
|Non-members||€740+IVA = €902.80||€840+IVA = €1024.80|
|Concessions (retired/students, etc)||€315+IVA = €384.30||€315+IVA = €384.30|
|Principal Author||€170+IVA = €207.40||€170+IVA = €207.40|
|Additional Author||€640+IVA = €780.80||€640+IVA = €780.80|
Register by 15th April 2019 and save money - Early Bird Registration fees (Inc IVA)
The registration fee includes printed conference papers, lunch, refreshments, drinks reception, a USB of the papers and presentations after the conference, and IVA. The USB will be posted to the delegates about 10-12 weeks after the conference.
Additional copies of the conference papers or USB will also be available for sale (members £120 and non-members £140) after the event. If you would like to order a copy, contact the Bookshop Assistant on +44 (0)20 7235 4622 or via e-mail at
Registration and Payment methods
Payments must be made in sterling by Eurocheque, cheque drawn on a bank with a UK branch address or sterling bank transfer. Please note that RINA requires payment before the conference date.
Under Italian Customs and Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay IVA on any conference or course taking place in Italy. Delegates from outside Italy may be entitled to reclaim this cost.
Cancellations received in writing two weeks before the event takes place will be subject to an administration charge of €200. Cancellations received after this time cannot be accepted and are subject to the full event fee. Delegates may be substituted; however this must be sent in writing and confirmed with the Conference Co-ordinator. In the event of cancellation of the programme for any reason, our liability is limited to the return of the registration fee.
The Design and Construction of Super & Mega Yachts conference will be held in Genoa, Italy at the Galata Museo del Mare, Calata Ansaldo De Mari, 1, 16126 Genova GE, Italy.
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
RINA events provide the perfect opportunity for effective and highly targeted marketing.
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities exist for all of our conferences. For more information please follow the link or contact JP Media Services Tel: +44(0)1737 852 135 or e-mail: to discuss tailored options or availability.
Continual Professional Development
Attendance at the RINA conferences and courses qualifies as Continuing Professional Development. Delegates to the conference will receive a CPD Certificate