Defence SA is the lead government agency for defence matters in South Australia.
The agency is committed to growing the state’s defence industry, including the naval shipbuilding and maritime sectors, by targeting investment opportunities and facilitating major Defence projects and facility development.
Over the next decade, Defence SA will help support the delivery of Australia’s next generation submarines and frigates, to be delivered at the nation’s world-class Osborne Naval Shipbuilding Precinct in Adelaide.
The precinct is home to some of Australia’s leading maritime companies and currently consists of:
- · World-class, common user shipbuilding facilities, including: wharf, hardstand and dry berth, transfer system and the largest shiplift in the southern hemisphere
- · An expansive, fully integrated industrial precinct for suppliers
- · A commercial precinct including:
o new Naval Shipbuilding College which will commence operations in 2018 to provide a frigate workforce from 2020
o AWD Systems Centre – national project headquarters for the $9 billion Air Warfare Destroyer program
- · Access to the national transport network including road, rail and deep sea port
- · A high speed optical fibre network link to major research, defence and education sites across Adelaide.
Address: Level 4
151 Pirie Street
South Australia 5000,
Tel: +61 8 8463 7161
Contact: Mr David Eyre