The Institution is looking for individuals, teams and organisations that nurture a strong ethos of ‘opportunity for all’ giving every individual a chance to achieve their potential, free from prejudice and discrimination to the benefit of the maritime sector. The nominee may be (but not limited to):
- An individual, team or organisation recognised for their outstanding contribution to promoting the equality, diversity and inclusion (ED&I) either in their workforce, community, sector or wider society.
- An individual that acts as an inspirational role model or ally in championing equality, diversity and inclusion;
The organisation demonstrating outstanding commitment and leadership in integrating equality, diversity and inclusion into the very heart of the operations leading an inclusive workforce and serving as an inspiration to others.
- The team, company or organisation delivering the best practice and outstanding progress making a significant improvement in ensuring greater diversity and inclusion in the delivery of their services.
- An individual, education provider or initiative with exemplary practice and innovation delivering greater diversity and inclusion in education, imbedding equality, diversity and inclusion in the curriculum and institutional culture.
- A project/initiative/organisation that has recognised and embraced diversity in design and engineering delivering inclusive design/engineering solutions, products and services.
A judging panel will assess nominations on excellence, impact and sustainability.