Contract Management for Ship Construction, Repair & Design Online Course 2022 - A Live, Interactive Presentation
By Dr. Kenneth W. Fisher, FRINA
via ZOOM online
17– 20 May 2022 (Tues. – Fri.)
Sydney 11:00 – 13:30
Singapore 08:00 – 10:30
Topics to be covered:
- Contract Management and Mis-Management - multiple case studies and lessons learned.
- Contract Performance Documentation - basic work, change work, extra work and re-work.
- Practical Implementation of Principles of Contract Management in the marine industry.
- Change Orders (CO) - advance establishment of approval procedures and time constraints, identifying constructive, negotiated, unilateral and other CO's, identifying the down-side risks of CO's.
- Critical Path - 'Real-time' identification of changes, slippages and re-scheduling.
- Delay, Disruption and Acceleration - 'Real-time' identification and quantification of the direct and secondary cases and effects.
- Monitoring and reporting production work.
- Engineering/Drawings - defining the types, schedules and responsibilities.
- Owner-Furnished Materials - and information: definitions, forms and schedules.
- Hourly Rates and Overtime - agreeing in advance to whom they apply and who pays for it under different circumstances.
- Post-Delivery Negotiations - of unpriced change orders: documenting the work.
- Claim Avoidance - through structured communications and documentation.
Dr. Kenneth W. Fisher FRINA is recognised worldwide as the leading authority on the development and management of complex contracts and specifications for ship construction, conversion, repair, and design. He is author of the 2004 RINA publication, Shipbuilding Specifications: Best Practices Guidelines, and of the 2003 SNAME publication, Shipbuilding Contracts and Specifications. As an arbitrator, expert witness, consultant, and instructor for nearly 35 years, he brings clarity and organisation to an otherwise-complex set of management requirements unique to the maritime industry.
This 4-day course consists of 2.5-hour Zoom sessions per day. Before the course begins, participants will receive a PDF of the course notebook (which we advise to be printed), and a hard copy of course leader Kenneth Fisher's recent book, 'Shipyard Projects: Planning and Management – Insights, Lessons & Guidance’. The book provides examples of the subjects discussed during the Zoom presentations. These sessions also include time for Q&As each day, and a 10 minute break half-way through.
Course Fees - Last Chance to Register
Course registration fee includes course materials
RINA Members: £800+VAT
RINA Non members: £950+VAT
Group Fee Discount: £700+VAT
Please note that the VAT is only applicable to delegates from the UK & Europe.
Registration and Payment
The registration has been closed.
Payments must be made in sterling by Eurocheque, cheque drawn on a bank with a UK branch address or sterling bank transfer. Please note that RINA requires payment before the conference date.
(Please note if you are wishing to take advantage of the group fee discount please contact Rusne Ramonaite at email@example.com)
Places for this training course are limited and so are offered on a first come first served basis. Cancellations received in writing one month before the event takes place will be subject to an administration charge of £200. Cancellations received after this time cannot be accepted and are subject to the full event fee. Delegates may be substituted; however this must be sent in writing and confirmed with the Course Co-ordinator. In the event of cancellation of the programme for any reason, our liability is limited to the return of the registration fee.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19 restrictions, the course will be held online via Zoom. Course materials and Zoom links will be provided towards the start date and upon receipt of payment.
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
Talk to us!
RINA provides digital sponsorship opportunities which allow you to showcase your company and target your message with our Webinar Events.
For pricing and customised proposals, please contact Aftab Perwaiz on +44 7767791180 or e-mail
Continuing Professional Development
Attendance at the RINA conferences and courses qualifies as Continuing Professional Development. Upon request, Delegates to the course will receive a CPD Certificate.