Contract Management for Ship Construction, Repair & Design Online Course 2021
19 - 22 October 2021, Online
Topics to be covered include:
- Contract Management and Mis-Management - multiple case studies and lessons learned.
- Contract Performance Documentation - basic work, change work, extra work and re-work.
- Change Orders (CO) - advance establishment of approval procedures and time constraints, identifying constructive, negotiated, unilateral and other CO's, identifying the down-side risks of CO's.
- Critical Path - 'Real-time' identification of changes, slippages and re-routing.
- Monitoring and reporting production work.
- Engineering/Drawings - defining the types, schedules and responsibilities.
- Owner-Furnished Materials - and information: definitions, forms and schedules.
- Hourly Rates and Overtime - agreeing in advance to whom they apply and who pays for it under different circumstances.
- Post-Delivery Negotiations - of unpriced change orders: documenting the work.
- Claim Avoidance - through structured communications and documentation.
- Delay, Disruption and Acceleration - 'Real-time' identification and quantification of the direct and secondary cases and effects.
This 4-day course consists of 2.5-hour Zoom sessions per day, covering the aforementioned topics in great depth; for a full breakdown of the contents, please download the Table of Contents. Before the course begins, participants will receive a PDF of the course notebook (which we advise to be printed), and a hard copy of course leader Kenneth Fisher's 'Shipyard Projects' book; the purpose of the book is to provide examples of the subjects discussed during the Zoom presentations, thereby consolidating the total verbal presentation time from 18 classroom hours over three days, to 10 hours over four days. These sessions also include time for Q&As each day, and a 10 minute break half-way through.
LONDON 11:00 - 13:30
NEW YORK 06:00 - 08:30
FRANKFURT 12:00 - 14:30
SINGAPORE 18:00 - 20:30
SYDNEY 21:00 - 23:30
*If multiple persons request a presentation that is aligned with their time zone, a separate program can be arranged. Send requests for such alternate timed presentations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course registration fee includes course materials
RINA Members: £960 (£800 + VAT)
RINA Non-Members: £1140 (£950 + VAT)
Group Fee (3 Delegates or more): £942 (£785 + VAT)
Registration and Payment
In order to receive your physical course materials in good time before the start of the course, please make payment by latest Tuesday 12th October 2021
Click here to pay online – UK all & EU customers without a valid VAT Number
Click here to pay online – Rest of World all & EU customers with valid business VAT Number
Click here to pay via invoice
Payments must be made in sterling by Eurocheque, cheque drawn on a bank with a UK branch address or sterling bank transfer. Please note that RINA requires payment before the conference date.
(Please note if you are wishing to take advantage of the group fee discount please contact Tash Greene at email@example.com)
Places for this training course are limited and so are offered on a first come first served basis. Cancellations received in writing one month before the event takes place will be subject to an administration charge of £200. Cancellations received after this time cannot be accepted and are subject to the full event fee. Delegates may be substituted; however this must be sent in writing and confirmed with the Course Co-ordinator. In the event of cancellation of the programme for any reason, our liability is limited to the return of the registration fee.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19 restrictions, the course will be held online via Zoom. Course materials and Zoom links will be provided towards the start date and upon receipt of payment.
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
Talk to us!
RINA provides digital sponsorship opportunities which allow you to showcase your company and target your message with our Webinar Events.
For pricing and customised proposals, please contact Aftab Perwaiz on +44 7767791180 or e-mail
Continual Professional Development
Attendance at the RINA conferences and courses qualifies as Continuing Professional Development. Upon request, Delegates to the course will receive a CPD Certificate.