ICCAS 2017 - International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding
26 - 28 September 2017, Singapore
The venue for the 18th International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding (ICCAS), to be held in 2017, has been announced as Singapore.
This follows the noteworthy success of the 17th ICCAS in 2015 at Bremen, Germany, in which a programme of 81 high quality papers from 19 countries, selected from submitted abstracts, was presented to delegates.
ICCAS offers unequalled opportunity for international delegates from the global shipbuilding and marine industry to see practical application of computing technologies across all aspects of design, production, and in-service operation of ships and marine structures.
ICCAS includes papers on all aspects of shipbuilding.
With the increasing demand for floating platforms and specialist support and supply ships for offshore operations, ICCAS recognises that shipbuilding and offshore industry requirements involve increasingly common design and manufacturing processes, practices and computer applications.
ICCAS 2017 will welcome the submission of papers from the offshore industry.
International Programme Committee
- John Duncan (Chairman), Ministry of Defence, UK
- Jamie Duncan (Secretary), Ministry of Defence, UK
- Torben Andersen, Odense Steel Shipyard, Denmark
- Joachim Brodda, Balance Technology Consulting, Germany
- Christian Cabos, DNV GL Maritime, Germany
- Thomas Gosch, Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, Germany
- Mitsuhiko Kidogawa, ClassNK, Japan
- Hiroyuki Yamato, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Soon-Hung Han, KAIST, Korea
- Sung Geun Lee, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, Korea
- Yoo-Sang Choo, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- John Martin, SAMOSC, UK
- Richard Lee Storch, University of Washington, USA
Submit an Abstract or Register Your Interest
Click here to register your interest in ICCAS 2017 and receive updates as they become available.
Successful papers will focus on:
Advances made in use of information and computing technologies to address:
- Methods, tools, standards, processes and organisational adaptations in all functional departments/sectors of the shipbuilding industry.
- Implementation, research, development and application of information technology in shipbuilding
- Improvements in productivity, schedule, cost, quality, performance, and operability.
Papers discussing the practical use of computing technology will be highly favoured. John Martin (member of the International programme Committee) has created a brief PowerPoint presentation on the main themes of the conference and to encourage the submission of papers, click here if you wish to download a copy
If you wish to submit an abstract, please send a paper title, brief summary (no more than 250 words) of what the proposed paper would be about and your contact details via the link above, by email directly to or fax to +44(0) 20 7259 5912. The deadline submission for abstracts is 5th February 2017.
Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre, 11 Cavenagh Road, Singapore 229616.
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
RINA events provide the perfect opportunity for effective and highly targeted marketing. Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities exist for all of our conferences. For more information please follow the link or contact John Payten (RINA Group Sales Director) Tel: +44(0)20 7235 4622 Ext 400 or e-mail: to discuss tailored options or availability.
Attendance at ICCAS 2017 qualifies as Continuing Professional Development. Delegates to the conference will receive a CPD Certificate